People who are writers, poets or even creative people like artists have experienced a creative block at some point or other. As a girlZtalk writer, I am committed to producing quality content that you, our readers will enjoy and hopefully learn from. But sometimes, getting the perfect article out is easier said than done. Especially when I experience writers block. This usually happens when I am trying to think of a creative piece to write. But dololo, I can’t seem to find something that is worth writing about. At least not something that seems obvious to me at that time.
Whilst this can be scary, especially when writing for a demanding space like GirlZtalk. It isn’t as bad as it seems. Because after all, creativity can never be used up. And all it really means is that I need to get some inspiration. Which, as a writer, can come from anywhere. When I do get out and about, I usually have an “aha!” moment. Which is when an article or idea just comes to mind.
Upon research I found out that having a writers block is real and that is is caused by various factors. Factors such as timing, the environment, fear, and being a perfectionist. Sound familiar? Well don’t worry, you are not alone. And whilst there is no formulae to combat writers block. There are some tips that can help you overcome this like. Here are some of my favorite writers block busting actions;
- Changing your environment.
- Eliminating distractions by switching off electronic devices like your phone.
- Doing something that will get your blood flowing like going for a jog.
- Brainstorming ideas.
- Writing short sentences that force you to get started and get over any fear or anxiety you might have.
- Writing about something that is simple it can be an image, joke even a memory. Which can help loosen your creative juices and get you writing.
So whether you are writing a book, an article or an essay, I hope these tips can help. After all, most problems, even impossible-seeming ones like writers block, have a solution.