You afraid to initiate sex? Honey, after I’m done serving you with these facts you’ll literally be on top of things. Not only is sex like a good workout for your pelvic floor muscles. Which happens when you have an orgasm, that causes contractions in those muscles, and strengthens them.
Sex also improves women’s bladder control. Helping to strengthen the pelvic floor which is important for avoiding incontinence.
Which is something that will affect about 30% of women at some point in their lives. According to studies sex one to two times a week can provide some incredible boosts to your health and wellbeing.
Here are some health benefits of a healthy sex life.
- Look younger: Extensive research has found that older men and women with an active love life looked five to seven years younger. But you don’t have to be at it every night to enjoy youth-enhancing effects!
In fact, during a 10-year study, a researcher found quality was as important as quantity. With the anti-ageing benefits stronger if the sex was classed as “loving”.
- Boost your fertility: Studies have found that the more often you make love, the better quality your sperm will be. Semen health was found to be best when sex had last occurred less than two days before the sperm was tested.
NB: If you’re trying for a baby, keep sperm fresh and in tip-top shape by having sex at least twice a week. Not only around the time of the woman’s ovulation.
- Fight colds and flu: Having sex once or twice a week has been found to raise your body’s levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA. Which can protect you from colds and flu.
One study found people who have sex more than once a week have 30% higher levels of IgA than those who abstain.
- Lengthen your life: A study done in Australia found that people who had more sex lived longer. This means people who climaxed at least three times a week had a 50% lower chance of dying for any medical reason.
5. Keeps you fit: Thirty minutes of vigorous sex burns up to 100 calories. And if you have moderately active sex twice a week, you’ll burn an extra 5,000 calories a year!
Varying your positions is also a great, fun way to tone different muscle groups and keep limbs lean and flexible.
- Ease those nasty period cramps: Many women say period pain diminishes if they do the deed during a cramp attack.
One theory why is that muscle contractions that occur when you reach peak levels of excitement relieve tension in the muscles of your uterus.
7.Increase your attractiveness to others: High sexual activity makes the body release more pheromones, chemicals that enhance your appeal to the opposite sex.
This is why the more sex you have with your partner, the stronger your desire will be to have sex with them again.
Frequent sex has also been found to help balance a woman’s hormones. As well as regulate her periods, which can further boost chances of conceiving. So let’s have an active healthy sex life and protect one another