I’m not sure about you guys, but I am taking advantage of summer as much as possible. Especially the really hot days. Which lately, feel few and far between (in Johannesburg at least). Which is why on the really hot days, I like to find ways to celebrate and treat myself. And those around me. Which is how I came across this frozen coconut and berry yoghurt. Not only is it tasty, but its also super refreshing.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups double cream
- 4 cups double thick yoghurt
- 1 lime rinds
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen and crushed
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen and crushed
- 65 ml strawberry cream liqueur
- In a large bowl, mix coconut cream, double cream and yoghurt divide mixture into two.
- Add lime rinds to the first mixture and set aside
- In the second mixture add frozen berries and liqueur
- Mix the two mixtures until the berries are well blended
- Place in a tin or bowl and freeze for four hours or overnight. Serve and enjoy.