I don’t know about you ladies, but summer for me is a time to wear as little as possible, eat good food and hang out with friends. It’s also the perfect time to streamline my beauty routine by adding or taking away some products. Lately, I have been obsessed with clear skin. Skin that is clear of spots, marks, blemishes and is well hydrated. After all, the skin IS the largest organ which is why I love giving it that extra bit of attention. Here are my 5 tips for clear summer skin.
- Wash face twice a day and body at least once a day – In the morning I like to wash my face with an easy face wash using a face brush,sponge or clothe, and clean the rest of my body using a natural and organic body wash using a body glove. In the evenings I like to wash my face even if I didn’t wear makeup and help prepare it for the much needed healing that happens whilst I sleep. For this, depending on the day, I like to take off my makeup, double cleanse, use either an elixir (which is just a fancy word for an oil) or a serum (another kind of oil). I like to follow this up with a night cream and a lavender facial spritz to relax me and get me ready to sleep.
- Drink 2 liters of water a day -I am the first to admit how hard this can get but its so necessary to flush your body of toxins from the inside out. It also helps keep skin hydrated in summer when your body tends to lose a lot of moisture.
- Moisturize – I cannot stress this enough, so many people think that moisturizing is over rated, trust me, its not, your skin will thank you later.
- Use SPF – Another often overlooked step, especially for us dark skinned girls, but trust me when I say SPF IS ALWAYS A MUST. Even when its not very sunny out, SPF is your best friend. Its one of my most used items and something I never leave the house without.
- Dry brush – Ahh dry brushing. I have no idea what I did before I discovered this simple yet effective way to naturally exfoliate my skin. Dr brushing is by far one of the best ways to get rid of dead skin cells, promote good blood circulation and leave your skin looking younger and smoother. To do this just get a body brush from any shop like the body shop or clicks and brush your body in circular motions starting from your feet upwards. I prefer to do this once a week in the mornings before a bath as it also wakes me up better than any coffee or caffeine drink.
What are some ways you keep your skin clean and clear all summer long?