Did you know that your makeup has an expiry date? I know I didn’t. But it does, and generally we have no idea how long our make up should last. And as any makeup lover will attest sometimes we tend to keep it till there’s nothing left or its dried up. However, keeping and using your makeup past its expiry date can cause a lot of problems for your skin. Which is why I compiled a list of products and how long they tend to last. After all, what good is makeup if it is going to do you more harm than good?
- Mascara: Three months
- Liquid liner: Three months
- Pencil eyeliner: Three years
- Lip gloss: One and a half to two years
- Foundation: One year
6.Powder: One year
Other tips :
– If a product is beginning to develop an odor, it’s time for it to go. After all, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
– Nail polishes are no longer good when they begin to separate.
– Makeup sponges can be cleaned after a week of use, but throw them after two months.
– Makeup brushes should be cleaned once a week.
– Store lipstick in the refrigerator to keep it fresh even after the expiration date.
– Do not “pump” your mascara wand in and out of the tube in order to collect more product. All you’re doing is forcing air in, causing the product to break down quicker.
– Pencil eyeliners and lip liners last longer when sharpened regularly.
– If you have a problem with remembering exactly how old a product is, use a thin permanent marker to write the date that you opened it on the bottom of its case for easy access