We live in an selfie filled world that everyday is a possible picture day. But what happens when your teeth are not up to the task? Having clean spotless teeth is not as hard as you might think and just requires a bit of work and dedication to your oral hygiene.
Common problems that you might face and how to fix them.
- Black spots and yellowing of the teeth. These can be on the front or at the back of your teeth. Black spots are caused by the erosion of the enamel on the teeth. The staining or black spots reflect poorly on one’s dental hygiene and general habits. If the staining is not very severe, then there are home remedies that can help you get rid of the black spots and yellow teeth stains.
Causes of yellowing of teeth and black spots.
- Eating foods that are loaded with sugar or drinking carbonated beverages. Foods like these are breeding grounds for bacteria and eat away at the enamel on your teeth making them weaker. Other things like smoking and consuming sugar can cause yellowing of teeth and staining. Cutting down on these kinds of foods and habits can help keep your teeth healthy.
Home Remedies for Black Spots on the Teeth
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Swish your mouth with some water or mouthwash every time you eat or drink something.
Do not forget to floss your teeth to remove any food particles deposited in-between your teeth. These gaps can become breeding grounds for bacteria and holes in your teeth.
Try chew on a lot of raw foods like celery, apples and carrots which can help in cleaning your teeth and keep your breath fresh.
- Use a straw while drinking caffeinated drinks to avoid the sugar in the drinks making contact with your teeth. Try adding a pinch of baking soda to your toothpaste before you brush for an extra clean. Baking soda has abrasive properties which help get rid of superfluous stains.
- Rubbing the inside of an orange peel helps in removing stains and spots from the teeth. Salt also helps in cleaning your teeth. Rubbing your teeth with a pinch of salt restores the mineral content in your teeth and rubs away spots on prolonged use.