Our brain changes with age and so does our mental function! It is important to keep a healthy brain which will lower the risks of poor mental functioning and memory loss. So what can you do to keep a healthy brain?
- Brain stimulation – playing games such as puzzles stimulates nerve connections and brain growth and helps to keep your brain active
- Good diet – diet is very important! Dieting is cutting junk but keeping a healthy balanced diet with all the important nutrients. Fats such as omega 3 fatty acids are very important for one to have and you can get them from things such as fish (salmon and tuna), and from spreads like peanut butter. Reduce saturated fats and trans fats
- Physical exercise – exercising reduces mental stress and helps to keep a healthy brain
- Avoid tobacco – smoking is not good and should be avoided at all costs
- Avoid alcohol abuse – it is important to reduce alcohol intake. A study by Harvard has shown that taking alcohol responsibly may reduce the risk of dementia
So ladies, lets keep our brains healthy and young!