With temperatures rising, its important to keep cool and hydrated at all times. This week I share with you a recipe for a nice cool summer drink to keep you cool and hydrated. Because our bodies lose a lot of water in summer, it’s important to keep it your drink intake high. Dehydration is when we lose more water than we’re getting into our bodies which can lead to drowsiness, faintness and heat stoke.
Here are a few symptoms of dehydration to look out for this summer:
- Dry and sticky mouth
- Continuously thirsty
- Decreased urination
It’s important to drink all your 8 glasses of water this summer, and maybe top that off with this tasty mint ice tea recipe.
You will need
- 8 cups boiling water
- 8 teabags
- 4 Ripe peaches, cut into halves
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- Sugar (if you like for taste)
- Pour 8 cups of water into a jug. Add your 8 teabags (it can be rooibos) and let it steep for 10minutes.
- After the 10minutes, remove the teabags and let the tea cool at room temperature. Put in the fridge till it cools and ready
- Before serving. Add the half peaches and mint with ice.
Try this out and take photos and share it with us on our social media pages.