Whether in school or at the office our daily lives are becoming increasingly fast paced. Often we find ourselves burning the candle at both ends, leaving us feeling tired and run down. So how can we get back on track and have more energy to be able to do everything we want to do?
The key thing is getting a good nights rest in order to perform at our best. There is no doubt that a good nights rest helps with the one thing I know ladies love to avoid, dark rings under our eyes. We feel rested, our skin looks brighter and it is key to the mood we will be in for the rest of the day. More sleep equals less grumpiness!
Making space in the day for some time out feels like a luxury one cannot afford. But what if taking a break and a power nap in the middle of the day could be the key to decreased stress and increased productivity? Well, the good news is, German scientists have proven that taking time out for a power nap not only helps us deal with stress more effectively, it increases our memory significantly and our level of happiness.
So next time you think you can’t afford a power nap, think again, because it could be just the tonic you need to get yourself back on track and fit to take on all the tasks at hand.
Power –napping tips:
- Make it quick! 20-30 minutes is enough to recharge, so set your alarm
- Try and find a dark place or use an eye mask.
- Consistency is key to reap the benefits. Make it a part of your daily schedule
Tips for a peaceful nights sleep:
- Take a bath after a long day’s hard work to relax the muscles
- Drink warm milk before sleeping
- Read a nice novel
- Do not fiddle with your phone late at night
- Turn off technology (tv, phone, computer) one hour before going to bed. The constant stimulation prevents relaxation needed for sleep.