It’s that time of the year again…yep you’ve guessed it, winter season is here. And we all know that at this time of the year we use way more energy to stay warm!! That’s why it is important for us to save energy as best as possible. Our country is known for load shedding and this makes energy saving essential. Here are some green ways to keep your home warm during winter:
· Investing in a geyser blanket. This will serve you good because this will keep the thermostat settings low and your electric usage down.
· Using thicker fabric for curtains will better insulate your home better by preventing heat from escaping.
· The use of solar energy is more sustainable and thus investing in a solar panel is not a bad idea at all.
· Blankets, blankets are the best way to keep warm.
· The use of gas heaters will help keep your home a bit warmer and for cheaper.
· Seal doors and windows buy using old materials to block the warm air from escaping and keep the cool air out.
I’ll definitely be using these tips this winter to keep warm and cozy. Should you have more tips on how to save energy this winter do not be afraid to comment as I’d love to hear from you.
Ladies, it’s your turn!
Comment on this article by scrolling down to the comments section.
Other questions? Click on the banner to go to the Ask a Sista page!