1. Short hair has that sexy factor into it. You feel really empowered and it boosts your confidence levels. Since my haircut I’ve been feeling like superwoman who can conquer anything!
2. It’s exciting. Sometimes styling the same hair can be super-boring, which is why any time you cut your hair, you should be excited to step out of the chair with a fresh hairstyle knowing you look your best. So don’t be afraid to switch up your style — or at the very least, try color!
3. You might feel more comfortable in your new style. If you’re open and down for changing up your style, you might actually find that you feel more like yourself. Or maybe you will feel just as comfortable in short hair as you did with your longer hair.
4. Your hair will most likely look healthier after making a change. I’m not saying your hair looks bad now, but sometimes you can hold onto a style for so long that it ends up looking stringy and thinner at the ends.
5. You will learn how to style your new look, but you have to ask if you don’t already know how. Shorter hair is harder to style, I’ll give you that — especially since longer hair can be braided, thrown up into a ponytail or topknot, and tied in a low bun.
Your hair doesn’t define you. You define you. Indie Arie “I am not my hair” is the perfect song to sing along while getting a fresh start with less hair and less morning drama!
Ladies, it’s your turn!
Comment on this article by scrolling down to the comments section.
Other questions? Click on the banner to go to the Ask a Sista page!