A C.V. is a detailed summary of your personal information and work experience. Writing a C.V. is not doesnt have to be difficult. However it does have to be clear and convincing. One of the most important things to remember when writing your C.V. is that it has to be related to the job you are applying for. In other words, your skills should be aligned to the position you are applying for. Apart from that its just about getting the right layout and making sure that all the necessary details are included.
Here are a few helpful tips to get you started:
- Personal details: these include your name, contact details, date of birth and address to name a few.
- Education: these are your educational qualifications starting from high school to university.
- Work experience: this will help your employer understand your level of work experience.
- Interests: employers want to know what you are interested in.
When writing your CV also include:
- A covering letter
- Your profile summary
- Avoid waffling too much, be concise but give enough information.
- Give references of past employers, teachers, lecturers or people who know you well.
I hope these tips will be helpful in landing your dream job. What ever you do, don’t forget to check your spelling and grammar.