For most people choosing a career can seem really hard, but really its quite simple. While we all have pressure from our parents and loved one’s its important to start asking yourself what you are interested in and passionate about. Once you have identified these things the rest is pretty simple. Here are some tips to help you choose the right career:
- Write a list of things you love doing and are passionate about.
- From this list write down what skills you would need in order to do these things professionally. For instance, if you love movies and acting, you need confidence.
- If you find you are lacking in a particular area in one of your passions, ask yourself if you can improve by taking classes or reading up on it.
- Once you have done the first three steps find the things on your list that match up. Meaning, things you love and are good at or can get good at.
- Start doing it. This is the most important advice and probably the one most people forget. Once you know what you want to do, then its a good idea to start doing it. If you love acting then start practicing, if you love numbers, start learning about them. What ever it is just get started. Whether you are learning more about your passion, or finding jobs centered around it, the trick is to get started.
So what ever it is you do, remember to do it with passion, and know that you can change your mind. After all, life is about choices, changing and growing.