It’s that time of the year again where everywhere you look someone is coughing or sneezing. To protect yourself, I’ve compiled a list of my 6 tips to help you beat winter and hopefully not get sick.
- Take a lot of vitamin C. This means eating your oranges and other orange coloured fruit and vegetables. For an easier option you can get a Vitamin C supplement from your chemist.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of liquids like water and tea.
- If you are particularly vulnerable to catching the flu, ask your doctor about a flu vaccine that you can take.
- Keep warm on cold days and avoid getting caught in the rain.
- Eat warm foods like vegetable soups, stews and other winter foods.
- Exercise as much as possible. Whilst I know how hard it can be to work out especially when it is cold, keeping your body active is one of the best ways to beat the winter chill.
What are some things you do to beat colds and flus in winter?